The 3 Harsh Facts That Long Distance Partners Should Know
➣You know what they say...long-distance relationships are not for the faint of heart. And honestly, there is some truth to this. Love and relationships are complicated as is and distance adds another layer of challenges to it!
➣If there is one thing that helps long-distance dating relationships, it's knowing what you are getting into! So today, we are going to hand you the harsh facts and truth about a long-distance romantic relationship.
➣Knowing the facts will make you well-prepared as you dive headfirst into it. And being well-prepared is critical for making your long-distance relationship work!
In this article, we will learn about:
- The three harsh facts that all long-distance partners should know about
- The top tips to maintain a healthy, long-distance relationship and make it work
The Three Harsh Facts That Long Distance Partners Should Know
Not being able to stomach the harsh facts about long-distance can kill a relationship. As compared to a regular relationship, long-distance naturally require extra effort.
To add more spice to the fire, things like the absence of physical intimacy can also cause the spark to burn out. That said if you really want to make a romantic relationship in long-distance work, look at the facts below and digest them to be better prepared!
Harsh Fact # 1: You Need To Be Okay With Being Alone
Long-distance relationships are hard. If you’re not in an LDR, you probably don’t know what I mean. But if you’re part of one, there is no way around it: your partner lives far away from you and that can be both physically and emotionally draining.
The one thing that long-distance couples really struggle with is loneliness. And this can be challenging because feeling alone when you're in a relationship is just ironic!
You will also have periods when you will miss each other immensely and crave physical intimacy. However, don't use this as an excuse to cheat on your partner or grow closer to someone else.
In this day and age, especially in the post-COVID era, it has become quite normal to stay engaged with your partner on phone calls. Actually, for a good two years, even regular couples remained in touch through video calls!
So while you may miss the physical intimacy, use can definitely lean on technology to make you feel less lonely. You can also use video calls to make sure that your partner remains an active part of your life.
⬇ Learn also ⬇
- 30 Flirty Conversation Starters that You Need To Know for Online Dating
- The 5 Best Ways To Break The Ice On A Dating App
- Examples of How to Introduce Yourself on Online Dating Sites
- 20 Ways To Keep A Conversation Going On A Dating App
- When to Exchange Phone Numbers in Online Dating?
- 10 Tips on How to Have a Great Video Date
- What is Online Dating Like For A Man?
Harsh Fact # 2: You May Experience Trust Issues
Research studies and insights from a relationship expert have shown that one of the most pressing long-distance relationship problems is the lack of trust.
Having limited face-to-face contact can breed jealousy and make partners feel insecure. Not being able to spend quality time with your partner, prevents trust from building. It actually makes sense too - having a partner that's usually in front of your eyes makes it easier for you to trust.
Our agency removes all the hassles of modern dating, so you can just focus on finally meeting women who meet your criteria of choice & with the help of our agency you can surely find a lot of women for dating and marriage . Find out how it works and Let Best-Matchmaking's Team of Professional Matchmakers help you!
Check a gallery of beautiful Family Oriented Slavic Ladies
Harsh Fact # 3: You Will Experience Problems When The Distance Ends
There's a common misconception that distance is the only culprit behind difficulties in a long-distance relationship. But here's the harsh fact - once the distance melts away, the real problems will start.
Once you both get together, you will have to undergo major changes. You'll probably not be accustomed to spending quality time together anymore, and will have become too used to having your own space.
It will take you a while to relearn everything - sometimes you forget to pull off even the most basic of things, like holding hands and sharing a bed!
Tips To Maintain A Healthy Long-Distance Relationship
Long-distance dating can be a challenge, but it doesn't have to be difficult. We are living in a super tech-savvy age and technology has the ability to make distance melt away! Well, most of the time it does.
So how do you stay afloat and keep your long-distance relationship alive and kicking? They require a lot of patience and understanding from both parties. If you want to succeed, just follow the quick tips and tricks given below with a sound mind.
- Communication is key. You need to communicate regularly with your partner. This means sending text messages, emails, and video calls.
- Be patient. Long-distance relationships take time. You need to give each other space and time to adjust to life without being together.
- Have fun. Make sure you spend quality time together. Enjoy each other’s company.
- Listen. Your partners will say what they mean. Don’t assume that they don’t care about you.
- Get to know yourself better. It is important for you to figure out who you are as an individual. What do you like? What do you dislike? How does this affect you in a relationship?
- Know yourself. If you have doubts about something, talk it over with your partner. This will help strengthen your relationship.
- Try to get along. Sometimes, people from different cultures clash. Try to accept the differences with an open mind.
- Take breaks. Everyone needs to recharge their batteries every once in a while. Give yourself the opportunity to relax by taking a break alone especially if things seem monotonous.
- Plan trips. If you have been away from home a long time, plan a trip back so that you can enjoy spending time with each other again.
- Talk honestly. No matter how much you respect your partner, he/she also deserves to hear everything that you think. The secret is, to be honest, but not rude.
- Communicate openly. If you feel angry or depressed, speak up. There is no point hiding it from your partner.
- Treat each other equally. Even though you are separated, you still love each other. So treat each other with equal respect.
- Accept differences. Different people have different ideas about how to handle situations. That way, you won’t get into trouble.
- Stay positive! Focus on the good times instead of the bad ones. This will make your relationship stronger and more stable.
- Do your best. Remember that your partner expects nothing less than your best.
- Learn to compromise. When there are disagreements between you and your partner, learn to compromise.
Wrapping it Up
There are several reasons why couples choose to live apart. Some of them include career opportunities, family obligations, or even health problems. Regardless of the reason, living apart can cause some serious issues.
However, you can still make things work if you are patient, loyal, and sensible about things.
About Best Matchmaking Marriage agency:
Best Matchmaking is a team of professional matchmakers who are ready to introduce you to your ideal partner. If you found online dating as well as dating apps to be unsuccessful for you- Check out our Matchmaking offer and we're ready to make you our next success story!
Now, over to you....Was current post useful? Have you already found your partner or still looking for using Online dating ? Feel free to share your opinion on the subject I have described above and kindly leave your comment bellow.
Written by Katrina El, a practicing psychologist, professional matchmaker and founder of the Slavic marriage agency Best-Matchmaking.com.
Learn more about the matchmaking service by Best-Matchmaking.com