This Website is owned and operated by Best-Matchmaking.com (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) trading as www.best-matchmaking.com to users and visitors (‘you’, ‘your’). We take your privacy very seriously, and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and to using technology to enhance your online security.
When we collect and use your personal data, we are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 (‘the Regulation’) and for the purposes of the Regulation, Best-Matchmaking.com is the ‘data controller’, that is, the company which is responsible for and controls the processing of your personal data.
Personal data we may collect about you
We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- Your name and contact information, including your address, your email address and telephone number:
- Information to enable us to check and verify your identity;
- Your gender information;
- Your location data;
- Your billing information;
- Information about how you use our Website, IT, communication and other systems.
Before you use certain areas of this Website, we will ask you to register on it by requiring you to enter your personal information.
How your personal information is collected
We collect most of this personal information directly from you via our Website, or by telephone, text or email, or video consultation.
How and why we use your personal information
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.:
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- Where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
What we use your personal information for:
- To help us identify our customers and any accounts they hold with us
- To notify our customers of any changes to this Website or to our dating and matchmaking services that may affect them
- To prevent and detect fraud against our company or our customers
- To conduct checks to identify our customers and verify their identity
- Other processing necessary to comply with professional, legal and regulatory obligations that apply to our business
- Operational reasons, such as administration, improving efficiency, training and quality control
- To ensure the confidentiality of commercially sensitive information
- Statistical and behavioural analysis, and research to help us manage our business, e.g. in relation to our financial performance, customer base, or other efficiency measures
- Customer profiling and analysing our customers’ purchasing preferences
- Customising this Website and its content to our customers’ particular preferences
- Marketing our services to existing and former customers; third parties who have previously expressed an interest in our services; and third parties with whom we have had no previous dealings
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, or telephone) about our services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see above ‘How and why we use your personal information’). This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never share it with other organisations for marketing or other purposes. If you have given permission for us to process your personal data, we may share your personal data with associated companies and organisations that are our business partners and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by mail, email, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, about tour services, products, promotions, offers, charitable causes that may be of interest to you.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- Contacting us
- Using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails or ‘STOP’ number in texts
- Updating your marketing preferences on your secure members area
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products and services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
How long your personal data will be kept
We will keep your personal data while you have an account with us or we are providing products and services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
- To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- To show that we treated you fairly;
- To keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information. When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymize it.
Keeping your personal data secure
We have appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We continually test our systems.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- Your data is stored on secure servers.
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology.
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We may monitor and record communications with you such as chat conversations and emails for the purpose of training, quality assurance, fraud prevention and compliance.
Last updated: May 2018